Thursday 12th March 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are aware of the concerns about the next potential phase for the delay of Coronavirus, that is under consultation today. Please be assured that in the meantime we are following all recommendations from the Department of Education and have put in place the following precautionary measures in school to help reduce the spread.
- Each evening our cleaning team will be sanitising desks, doors etc. (this is normal practice).
- We will be asking all children, staff and visitors to wash their hands when entering & leaving school and during the school day as appropriate.
- All staff have discussed with children the importance of washing hands properly and how to do this.
- The water fountain will be out of use and we would ask all parents/carers to ensure their child has their own water bottle in school - staff can fill these at any point during the day if required.
- We will be operating as normal during school hours, but have taken the decision to cancel large gatherings such as Special Mention assemblies, Community morning, Whole School Passion Play, spring term Consultations meetings, St. Anthony’s class family meal and Whole School Mass until we are notified differently.
Please could you take some time this evening, if you have not done so already, to talk to your children about the importance of washing their hands properly. Information about the Coronavirus can be found on our website which is updated daily with any new information.
There is also a Department for Education coronavirus helpline that is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687. Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
We will be monitoring the situation in the area closely and will update you with any information or further precautions if necessary.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Mrs Nikki O’Dwyer (Headteacher), Mrs Julia Thomas (Chair of Governors)