Summer HAF Programme (Holiday Activities and Food)
The HAF programme provides free holiday club places to children on benefits-related free school meals, as well as other vulnerable children, giving them a chance to enjoy extra-curricular activities and healthy meals during the school holidays.
The What’s On Guide, highlights whether an activity is suitable for SEND children and young people and includes all the contact details etc. of the core providers delivering activity. All bookings for the Shropshire HAF programme for the summer holidays are now going to be made through a centralised booking system.
How to Book:
1. Get your unique code either via your child/ren’s school or through a professional
2. The bookings for the summer holidays will open on Thursday 23 June.
3. Go to https://haf.shropshire.gov.uk
4. Set up your account by adding your email and choosing a password.
5. Add your unique code (contained in an email sent to FSM families from school 22.06.22).
6. Add your child/ren’s details.
7. That’s it! You’ve signed up ready for booking!.
The code replaces vouchers from previous holiday programmes and entitles child/ren to 64 hours of free holiday activity in Shropshire during the summer holiday. This is the equivalent of 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, for 4 weeks. The code is individual to school and is not transferable to other children, who don’t attend this school.
Some programmes of activity are offering children and young people more free provision than 4 hours per day – this information is available on the booking system.
Below are some opportunities to get involved in community activities celebrating the Commonwealth Games Queen’s Baton Relay this summer.
Summer Holiday Activities
Funtopia comes to Ellesmere
Funtopia is a Children’s Festival aimed at under 10’s which tours the UK every summer. It will be coming back to Ellesmere on the 16th July. Funtopia is a fantastic family day out which includes unlimited play on inflatables, role play areas, family workshops, games and activities.